Ingredients: (Yields ~12 large muffins)
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-3 mashed large bananas
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1 cup raisins
-1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a muffin tray with paper cups.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a big mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add the sugar, egg and melted butter. Loosely mix with a spatula until egg is broken up.
4. Add the dry ingredients a third at a time and stir with the spatula until the flour mixture is incorporated. When you add the last third, add a bit at a time. I usually end up not using all the flour mixture so the batter remains more moist. Use your judgement depending on how you like your muffins. The key here is not to over work the batter.
5. Fill the muffin cups and sprinkle over the pecans.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes until muffins are golden brown.