Ingredients (For 2 people)
-Two 10 oz bone-in rib eye steak
-1 thinly sliced onion
-1 tbsp oil
-1 tsp sugar
-Salt and pepper
-3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
-A bottle of red wine to drink!
1. Make sure the steaks are clean and patted dry with a paper towel. Then season generously with salt and pepper on one side, patting the seasoning in with your hands. Allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
2. Thinly slice the onion and saute in oil with sugar, salt and pepper to taste, until caramelized. Add worcestershire sauce and saute until it is reduced and syrupy. Put aside.
3. Heat a heavy bottomed grill pan on med-high heat. Carefully place steaks on the pan, seasoned side down and grill for 5-7 minutes per side for a medium-rare to medium doneness. Only touch the steak when you are going to flip it over, otherwise, leave it alone! You can however, lift one edge up to check how brown the meat is on the bottom. Remember to season the other side.
4. Place steaks on a plate to rest for at least 10 minutes.
5. Plate the steak with the onion on top. Simple, juicy, tender and delicious!