Ingredients: (Yields ~ 6 servings)
-1 package of sweet potato noodles
-Half an onion, thinly sliced
-2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
-2 green onions, roughly chopped
-6 leaves of napa cabbage, sliced into thin strips (or use spinach instead)
-3 carrots, sliced into thin strips
-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and cut into thin strips
-3 eggs, scrambled
-1/2 pound stir fry beef, cut into thin strips
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-4 tbsp soy sauce
-2 tbsp sugar
-2 tbsp sesame oil
-Ground black pepper to taste
*Optional: sesame seeds for garnish
|Feel free to cut your veggies into smaller strips- we don't mind ours on the chunkier side|
1. Rehydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for several hours. Cut the mushrooms and vegetables into thin strips.
2. Cook the scrambled eggs with two pinches of salt and set aside. Fry the sliced beef, mushrooms and garlic in a tablespoon of oil and set aside.
3. To cook the noodles, bring a pot of water to a boil and follow the instructions on the packaging. Strain and set aside.
4. Stirfry the vegetables in a large skillet/pan over medium heat. I like my onions to be very soft so I like to put those into the pan ahead of the others to give it more time over the heat. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
5. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients with the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and ground pepper. Adjust the seasonings to taste.