Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 4 beef striploins
- 2 cups of button mushrooms sliced
- 4 king oyster mushrooms sliced
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter and fry the shallots and sage until soft and aromatic
2. Sauté the mushrooms until all their liquid has evaporated and they have begin to brown
3. Deglaze the pan with vermouth and cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the cream and simmer until thickened to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and grill for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for at least 15 minutes then slice thinly and serve over the creamed mushrooms.