...Calgary Court Restaurant (Calgary)

Overall - 9/10
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Food - 9.5/10
Service - 9/10
Ambiance - 8/10


Calgary Court Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Its rare to find a restaurant where you can reliably get a good meal any time of day from breakfast to lunch to dinner. When I was young, my parents would take my brother and I here for a quick breakfast of congee before heading off to chinese school. After school my grandfather would take us back for a bowl of noodles. And finally once my parents were off work we would all go back together for a dinner of Hong Kong diner delicacies. Long past the days of chinese school we most often head back to Calgary Court Restaurant for dinner. 

Most dinner combinations begin with a warm bowl of oxtail and vegetable soup. Very savoury and just a little bit tangy this soup whets your appetite.

In my opinion, the ultimate Hong Kong diner dish is the "Baked pork chop over rice." Don't be fooled, although the name may sound bland and boring this dish is anything but. The pork chop is first expertly breaded and fried, placed over a bed of fried rice and smothered in a rich tomato sauce. Finally the entire dish is topped with cheese and baked until golden brown. Even after baking the pork chop remains crispy while the fried rice soaks up the sweet tomato sauce. 

We also had the Chicken and Anchovy Hotpot served with rice and lettuce with oyster sauce- a satisfying and delicious entree. 

We also ordered our favourite dish, deep fried spicy squid which did not disappoint. 
We hope you get a chance to try this great restaurant which serves great food any time of the day.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. VERY INSPIRING THINGS YOU HAVE IN FOOD AND YOUR WAY TO ATTRACT IS SUPERB I LIKE HERE deep fried spicy squid MOST I AM GOING TO VISIT CALGARY RESTAURANTS AND WAS FINDING DESIRED PLACE WHICH I GOT HERE WHEN SEARCHING AT calgary tours THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE KEEP IT UP

    ReplyDelete