Ingredients (Yields ~20 - 25 tofu rounds)
-1 tube of egg tofu
-1/2 lb ground pork
-6 dried Chinese mushrooms (soaked overnight)
-2-3 stalks of green onion
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp Chinese five spice powder
-1 tbsp Sugar
-1.5 tsp cornstarch
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
-1/2 tsp white pepper powder
-1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Soak dried Chinese mushrooms overnight so they are ready to use the day you plan to make this dish.
2. Dice three mushrooms, 2 stalks of green onion and mix with the ground pork. Marinate the mixture with soy sauce, five spice powder, sugar, cornstarch, cooking wine, white pepper and sesame oil for at least an hour.
3. Cut the egg tofu into 1" rounds or to your taste, and arrange on a plate that will fit into your steamer. Spoon a bit (about a tablespoon) of the pork mixture onto the egg tofu rounds.
4. Cut the remaining mushrooms in half and arrange around the egg tofu rounds. Roughly chop the remaining stalk of green onion and arrange around the egg tofu rounds.
5. Pour in the chicken broth around the egg tofu rounds.
6. Steam the dish until the pork is fully cooked, approximately 20 - 30 minutes. Remove the rounds, mushrooms and green onions onto a plate for presentation if necessary.