If you're looking for some quick and delicious appetizers to make when you have friends coming over or just a nice simple dinner for two, these two crostini toppings won't disappoint. Remember to enjoy with a bottle of your favorite beer or wine!
- 1 baguette sliced thinly
- 3/4lb button mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 anchovie fillets finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 wheel of camembert
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
2. Cut the top rind off your wheel of camembert and place in an oven proof dish. drizzle over 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and chopped fresh thyme. Bake for 45 minutes
3. In a pan fry 5 slices of bacon until golden brown and set aside. In the remaining bacon fat fry the sliced mushrooms until brown. Add the onions, garlic and anchovie and cook until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste
4. Once the camembert is soft and melted remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before drizzling with 2 tbs of honey.
5. Serve the mushrooms and camembert over toasted crostini